Sunday, February 7, 2010

god i hate snow....

Since Friday night I have been stuck in the house with my parents. I have the type of family that argues all the time so this whole weekend that is all that I heard. This weekend my parents argued about my stepfather losing his job and how ever since then we have been having major financial difficulties. My father lost his job because he refused to take a drug test. This has made my entire family very angry. I think that it is bull crap that I still live at home with my parents and I am already stressing about money. As I was growing up I was never one of those families that had a lot of extra money but we had enough to keep us happy. Now that he lost his job we don’t even have enough to keep us happy. My mother and I cannot even trust him anymore. We don’t think that he is trying hard enough to find another job. It also makes me angry that he thinks that he should be able to lay in bed all day. He always tells me well you don’t do anything and all I can say back is that I did not screw over my family and I’m trying to get an education. I am so tired of always arguing and stressing. I know everyone says that when you turn eighteen you are an adult but I’m more of an adult than many other kids my age. I’m still not out on my own and the bills that my parents asked me to pay I do. He does not even have any income coming in. I get fifty dollars to spend on myself a month and the rest goes to bills that I have to pay. I don’t understand what else he expects me to do I just want to be the teenager that I was never able to be growing up.

3 comments:

  1. Wow Brittney, I am so sorry that your family is struggling right now, you are definitely not alone though. I do know how frusterating it is when you are doing everything you can to make a situation better and other people are not holding up their end. You are absolutely doing the right thing by getting your education, because in the end,it is something that no one can take away from you. In some of the toughest times in my life, the ability to support my household and keep my head above water was the only saving grace. I know it is heart breaking to watch the family suffer through something like this, but this is when having a goal and focus will get you through. Keep your head up and keep reaching out, others will give you a shoulder to lean on, even when its least expected!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know how you feel mgrowing up my family never had that much extra money thatn my dad had a major head attak and couldnt work anymore and it took forever for diability to start. So i work my butt off for what i want so i feel like i was forced to grow up fast to. But hold your head up and dont try to make anyone else happy but yourself. ANd talk. if you talk about your problems believe me it helps

    ReplyDelete
  3. My family is the same way. As both my parents lost their jobs in the same month two years ago. We did not really have that much money either as my money that my parents saved up for college has been used up and since then my job is to help pay for the house. My mother found a job luckily before we went bankrupt, but my father still has not been able to find one yet even with him looking for jobs everyday. So I hope you the best and I am off to work.

    ReplyDelete